Welcome!

This is just a bit about me...I think blogging is a great creative outlet. Not to mention the fact that I love to talk, so this is just like talking about all the thoughts that go through my mind each day and sharing it with you! Aren't YOU lucky?!

About Me

My photo
Somewhere, Indiana, United States
I am a wife, mother and all around fun person. I love life and am grateful for the smallest things.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Famous Finger Cutting Incident of 2008.

It was a beautiful Saturday, on December 27, 2008. I was intermittently watching re-runs of the Real Housewives of Atlanta and decided that I wanted to take down all Christmas decorations except for the tree, so that after the holidays I could take my time and get everything put away nicely, and not have to spend an entire day doing it.

With that being said, I have a railing in my upstairs living room and I use wire ties to hold in place my lighted garland (the thick plastic ones that you slip through and pull to tighten), these need to be cut off when you are done with them. So I can't find the kitchen scissors, but being the genius I am I find the sharpest knife we have and decide to use that to cut off each wire tie.. Do you see where this is going? I slip the knife under the first wire tie and pull hard toward myself... all of a sudden it all goes wrong. The knife successfully cuts through the wire tie, while also bouncing back into my left index finger. I drop the knife, hold my hand and do the nervous jumpy, hoppy dance around the living room while chanting "I am so stupid, gosh, this is so dumb. Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god." When I gather the courage to look at my finger, there is a nice looking purple and blue bruise and a nice deep cut, it doesn't bleed at first and then it was like I parted the red sea! I wrap it in paper towels, and the bleeding is not stopping, so I do the only thing I can. I called my mommy. She lives around the corner from me and thank goodness because she was there in a flash and fixed me all up!

No stitches! Thanks mom!

No comments:

Dunkin!

Dunkin' Donuts. Dunkin' keeps me blogging. Try Dunkin' Donuts Coffee For Free. Get a Sample

My Life, My Music